San Felese Society Meeting Minutes November 15, 2017
The meeting was opened with a Flag Salute and a prayer for deceased members. Roll call of Officers followed: All officers were present; Sergeant-at-arms, Jerry DeLorenzo excused.
The minutes of the September 20, 2017 meeting were approved as submitted as was the treasurer’s report as of Sept. 20, 2017.
· Membership: Current roster is 171 members – including 13 new members for 2017; 2 new members welcomed since the last meeting-Lucille Gargione & Theresa Eckstein.
· Sick & Vigil: Please pray for the soul of Kevin McCoy, a recently deceased member of our society.
· Scholarship: 6 monetary awards to be given at the Christmas dinner; all students and their families have been contacted.
· MCIAF Festival: President stated that the future of the festival is undetermined at this time.
· Christmas Luncheon – December 10th – Mercer Oaks. 1 to 5 p.m. If you have not already reserved and plan on attending, please reserve no later than December 3rd. You received a reservation form with the September minutes; the reservation form can also be found on the website under calendar of events or by calling Rose Stia at 609-588-0290. Cost is $40 per person. Meal selections: Chicken Parm, Broiled Founder or Prime Rib.
· If you wish to support the scholarship program donations are both needed and much appreciated.
Correspondence: Note of thanks being sent to the Guatemalan Community at Our Lady of the Angels Parish for the floral pieces provided by them for our patronal feast. Acknowledgement from IANOF for the ad we placed for their annual induction ceremony. A thank you note from Monsignor Dermond for the stipend he received from us for presiding at the Pierno Mass in August. A thank you note from St. John’s Church in Allentown for the recent donation we made on the occasion of their Italian Festival in September. A thank you from the Landolfi family for a Mass card for their sister upon her passing.
Open Discussion – At the January 2018 meeting several important issues need to be discussed and voted up to include the scholarship program (procedures, applications and monetary awards); solidifying the general meeting schedule for 2018; planning other events and activities for 2018; sustainability of the Annual picnic; discussion of annual dues. We hope many of our members will mark their calendars and plan to be present to discuss and vote upon these vital and important matters in the coming year.
President Tom Frascella thanked all who in any way were involved in the preparation of and participation in the events of 2017.
Best wishes to you and your families for a Happy Thanksgiving! Hope to see many of you at our Christmas celebration on Dec. 10th.
Meeting was adjourned and refreshments were served.
Next meeting to be held on January 17th at American Legion Hall, 100 Berwyn Place, Lawrenceville, NJ - 7:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Frank Bruno, Secretary
© San Felese Society of New Jersey