San Felese Society Meeting Minutes Sept. 20, 2017
The meeting was opened with a Flag Salute and a prayer for deceased members. Roll call of Officers followed: All officers were present
The minutes of the July 19, 2017 meeting were approved as submitted as was the treasurer’s report as of Sept. 20, 2017.
Elections: The current board of officers was re-elected for a two year term – 2017-2019. They are Thomas P. Frascella, President; Albert Frascella, Vice-President; Rose Stia, Treasurer; Frank Bruno, Secretary; Gerald DeLorenzo, Sergeant-At-Arms.
· Membership: Current roster is 170 members – including 11 new members for 2017.
· Scholarship: Thank you received from Hailey Kostin
· Thunder Baseball: Thank you to all that participated.
· Pierno Feast & Luncheon: 28 people attended the luncheon that followed the Mass: Two motions passed to donate $100 to Our Lady of the Angels Parish towards their summer project; and $50 Mass Stipend to Monsignor John Dermond who celebrated the Mass
· MCIAF Festival: Booth Coverage – Booth Coverage volunteers requested and Admission & Parking Passes were distributed
Christmas Luncheon/AD Program:
· Enclosed with the minutes of this meeting you will find the details and reservation form for the Christmas Luncheon. It’s never too early to reserve! We hope to see many of you there.
· Also enclosed is the ad contract for this year’s program journal. We are asking each member to please purchase or obtain an ad as this is our only fundraiser for the year. The money raised in the purchasing and/or selling of ads supports our scholarship program. Each year the number of students we receive scholarship applications from continues to grow. This year we are awarding 6 scholarships and in order to continue with this important program we need your help! We appreciate whatever you can do.
Disbursements: $150 to Frank Bruno for postage/mailing costs and office supplies
Meeting was adjourned and pizza was served. We wish to thank Rick DeLorenzo and his staff for their hospitality in making their restaurant available to us.
Next meeting to be held on November 15th at American Legion Hall, 100 Berwyn Place, Lawrenceville, NJ - 7:00 p.m.
Respectfully submitted, Frank Bruno, Secretary