San Felese Society Meeting Minutes July 19, 2017
The meeting was opened with a Flag Salute and a prayer for deceased members. Roll call of Officers followed: All officers were present
The minutes of the May 17, 2017 meeting were approved as submitted as was the treasurer’s report as of July 19, 2017.
· Membership: 6 new applications were reviewed and approved by the membership present. A warm welcome to these following new members:
o Kristen A. Bruno (youth) William E. Quackenboss, Jr. (regular)
o Patricia A. Bruno (regular) Charles V. Sabba (regular)
o William E. Quackenboss, Sr. (regular) Donald Shiarappa (regular)
· Sick & Vigil: Prayers req. for Maryanne Wilkus, recuperating from knee & leg surgery.
· Scholarship: All six applicants were given their certificates at the end of their school year and will receive their monetary award at the Christmas luncheon. The application for next year will be reviewed and amended and will be available in January 2018.
· Thank you from the Sunshine Foundation for our recent donation of $150
· Thank you from scholarship recipients, Megan Radice & Gianna Tartaglia.
· Sympathy acknowledgments from the Ruskai family and Miele/Mazzella families. A mass card was also given to the Rubino family on the passing of former member and long time supporter Morris Rubino.
· Thunder Baseball Game is July 21st. Final report to be given at next meeting
· Family Picnic Final Report. 38 people in attendance. There will be a need to revisit this activity for next year due to the low attendance.
· Kelsey Theater – 42nd Street is July 23rd. Final report to be give at next meeting
· Our Lady of Pierno Feast – Mass & Luncheon. Sunday, August 27th. 11:00 a.m. Mass St. Joachim’s Church; luncheon to follow at Tessara’s Restaurant on Rt. 33, Hamilton. Price is $20 pp. For reservations please call Rose Stia at 609-588-0290
· MCIAF – Sept. 22, 23 & 24 - $5.00 admission / Society display in the rink area. As usual, coverage is needed. Separate form attached if you can provide coverage. Please fill out and return by mail.
· An ad request from the Italian American National Hall of Fame for $100 / ¼ page was approved.
· An ad request from St. John’s Church, Allentown for $50 / ¼ page was approved.
· New Business:
· President Tom Frascella spoke on the status of the Mercer County Italian American Festival.
· The status of our by-laws was discussed and a motion was made to place them on the website.
· It was noted that more volunteers are needed to plan activities and especially committee chairs.
· The activities for the year were placed on our website at the beginning of the year and they are updated as needed if any changes are made. Please continue to refer to the website for a list of our meetings and activities.
· In order to be more cost effective, we have decided that the meeting minutes will be emailed to the email address you provided on your initial application. If you have not give us an email address or if your email has changed since you first gave it to us, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org We currently about 170 members and we only have about 100 email addresses. Please take this request seriously as the price of postage continues to rise.
· Attendance at meetings is low; members are encouraged to make and take the time to attend meetings and to participate and help plan and suggest activities for the group. We need to get our children and grandchildren involved to ensure the future of this organization.
Election of Officers 2017-2019 Term:
· Elections will be held at the September 20th meeting. If anyone is interested in submitting their name for an officer position, you may do so at the September meeting. If the office is not contested according to parliamentary procedure, the treasurer will submit one vote to the membership for approval. If an office is contested, a secret ballot vote will be taken at the meeting to determine the outcome of the election.
· After the votes, the officers will be sworn in for the 2017-2019 term
Next meeting to be held on Sept. 20th at DeLorenzo’s Pizza, 147 Sloan Ave. Hamilton, NJ 7 p.m. OFFICER ELECTIONS
Respectfully submitted, Frank Bruno, Secretary
Please print, detach and return to : San Felese Society, PO Box 9328, Hamilton, NJ 08650
MERCER COUNTY ITALIAN AMERCIAN FESTIVAL
***** BOOTH COVERAGE *****
Friday, September 22nd
3p.m. to 6 p.m. ______________________________________________________________________________
6p.m. to 9 p.m.______________________________________________________________________
Saturday, September 23rd
12 noon to 3 p.m.______________________________________________________________________
3p.m. to 6 p.m.________________________________________________________________________
6p.m. to 9 p.m._________________________________________________________________________
Sunday, September 24th (Mass at 11:00 am on Festival Grounds)
1p.m. to 4 p.m.________________________________________________________________________
4p.m. to 7 p.m.________________________________________________________________________
© San Felese Society of New Jersey