San Felese Society Meeting Minutes July 18, 2018
The meeting opened with a prayer and flag salute. Officers present: Thomas Frascella, President; Rose Stia, Treasurer; Frank Bruno, Secretary; Albert Frascella, Vice President, Absent; Gerald DeLorenzo, Sgt. At Arms, excused. Minutes from 05/18/18 meeting approved. Treasurer’s report approved with a balance of $19,581.83.
Membership: 3 new applications were reviewed and approved; Barbara Landolfi (spousal), Carol Carlucci (regular), Stephen Girard (regular). Pauline Toth resigned as membership chair.
Scholarships: No report given
Sick & Vigil Committee – Mass Card given to the family members of Irene Monks who recently passed away.
Upcoming 2018 Activities
· July 27th Trenton Thunder Baseball – 7 pm; tickets are $10 each; all tickets are sold.
· August 12th Theater Trip – Surflight Theater – Long Beach Island – 2pm Matinee of Saturday Night Fever; to include dinner and transportation; 24 reservations received; trip is closed.
· August 19th Madonna DiPierno Mass & Luncheon – 9:30 Mass followed by Brunch at Mastoris Restaurant; Call Rose Stia at 609-588-0290 to reserve for the brunch.
No Solicitations Received
· 3 email requests for information from the website
· Thank you card received from Kristen Bruno for scholarship award
· Membership Chair needs to be filled. Please contact Frank Bruno or Rose Stia if interested.
· Corresponding Secretary position available to handle correspondence requests and emails from website. Contact us if interested.
· Proposal to have membership cards for 2018-2019 created by Printworx. Proposal approved.
· Discussion on how to ensure solvency of scholarship fund; suggestion made to send out special mailing for scholarship donations
Annual Membership Dues for the fiscal year 2018-2019 are now DUE. The deadline for submitting dues is July 31st. Dues remain at $25. The income we receive from
dues is vital in supporting our scholarship program. Any additional contributions towards are scholarship program are welcomed and encouraged. Please give careful consideration to this additional request. Enclosed is an addressed envelope for your convenience. If you have paid your dues, we thank you. If you’d like to use the envelope to mail us a scholarship donation, that would be great!
Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday September 19th at the Italian American Heritage Center, 2421 Liberty St. Hamilton. 7:00 p.m.
Frank Bruno, Secretary