San Felese Society Meeting Minutes September 19, 2018
The meeting opened with a prayer and flag salute. Officers present: Thomas Frascella, President; Rose Stia, Treasurer; Frank Bruno, Secretary; Gerald DeLorenzo, Sgt. At Arms; Albert Frascella, Vice President, Absent . Minutes from 07/18/18 meeting approved. Treasurer’s report approved with a balance of $xxxxxx.
Membership: 2 new applications were reviewed and approved; Alex Sargeaunt (spousal), Gerard Fiore (spousal). To date 32 membership dues have not been received. A final notice will be sent to them as to their intentions for this fiscal year. Your membership card is enclosed in this mailing since we have received your dues for the fiscal year 2018-2019. We thank you for paying and we hope you carry your card with pride.
Sick & Vigil Committee – Theresa (Dileo) LiVolsi, a former member recently passed away-sympathy card sent.
Scholarships: Gerald DeLorenzo, Chair, indicated that the new application for 2019 will be available beginning January, 2019 for seniors graduating in 2019 and pursuing higher education.
· Trenton Thunder Baseball – All 35 tickets were sold.
· Theater Trip – Surflight Theater – Long Beach Island – 25 people attended a lunch and show (Saturday Night Fever). A great time was had by all.
· Madonna DiPierno Mass & Luncheon – Mass was celebrated at St. Joachim’s Church followed by breakfast at Mastoris. The breakfast was attended by 17 people.
· Boys Club Donation (American Legion) was sent and acknowledged.
· Acknowledgement by the AOH for our donation to their annual golf tournament.
· Thank you card from the family of Irene Monks for the expression of sympathy sent.
· 3 inquiries from the website were answered.
Christmas Luncheon & Ad Journal
· Enclosed is the form to obtain/purchase ads for this year’s journal and the reservation form. Please see these forms for all the details. We ask that you give consideration to both attending the Christmas luncheon and/or purchasing an ad. If you cannot attend the luncheon but would like to make a donation to our scholarship fund, it would be greatly appreciated.
· A question arose as to whether the schedule for our bi-monthly general meetings should be revised. The discussion included the fact that the meetings are not well attended with an average of about 20 to 25 members in attendance. With a membership of over 170 members this is a concern that needs to be addressed. Some ideas were presented and discussed and a small committee was formed to gather more information to present at the November meeting
· Member, Daniel Brenna suggested that we support the effort in San Fele to repair the roof at Our Lady of the Oaks Church. He recently visited there and spoke with the Pastor who has shut down the church until the repairs can be made. We will vote on this at our November meeting.
The meeting was adjourned by President Tom Frascella and refreshments were served.
Our next meeting will be held on Wednesday November 14th (second Wednesday due to the Thanksgiving Holiday on Nov. 22nd) at the American Legion Hall, 100 Berwyn Place, Lawrenceville 7:00 p.m.
Frank Bruno, Secretary